Subject: YRA Programme relaunch
Dear all Mentors
I just wanted to update you on the changes to the YRA programme and how your current YRAs can transfer over to the new programme; or perhaps this could be a good opportunity to sign up some new YRAs for the new year.
We took on lots of feedback on the YRA programme and have made the following key changes:
· The programme is now open to 14 to 25year olds.
· We have partnered with vInspired to use their online platform for YRAs to log hours volunteered (we will not back date hours volunteered). There is a simple sign up process for YRAs which starts HERE.
· The programme is open to young people in education (school, college, university) and clubs.
· Rewards and incentives will be provided to YRAs to motivate them to continue in the programme and create a branding identity for the YRA community. Rewards will be received at 10, 30, 50 and 100 hours.
· Young Rugby Ambassadors will no longer have set objectives they must complete; we are encouraging young people to take responsibility for their volunteering and to take part in activities / events that benefit their local community.
We also have a facebook page: www.facebook.com/YoungRugbyAmbassadors where we will be sharing information about the programme and what other YRAs have been getting up to.
Alongside this, we are running a YRA Leadership Conference at the Ricoh Arena in Coventry on Saturday 2nd April where YRAs will get lots of info on how they can have most impact in their local community. More information on how to apply for this opportunity will be open soon. All YRAs must have signed up to the new YRA programme to be eligible.
We hope this more flexible approach to the programme allows YRAs to decide what they want to
achieve and what works best for their club, whether it is coaching, events management, social media, refereeing etc. Your local Rugby Development Officer will be able to help you with what’s going on locally, but I hope to see your clubs getting involved to help us to continue to develop our young volunteers and giving them meaningful opportunities to get involved with. Please visit the YRA webpage for more information: http://www.englandrugby.com/my-rugby/volunteers/youngrugbyambassador/.
I have also attached three promo posters if you are keen to promote the programme in your club.